Prescott Drug Possession Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Drug Possession Charges in Arizona
At Signature Law Group, PLLC, we understand that facing drug possession charges in Arizona, can be an overwhelming and distressing experience. If you or a loved one find yourself in such a situation, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced and dedicated drug possession lawyer. With our deep knowledge of Arizona's drug possession laws and a proven track record of successfully defending clients, we are here to provide you with comprehensive legal representation and fight for your rights.
Call Signature Law Group, PLLC today at (928) 842-8522 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our drug possession attorney in Prescott!
What are Arizona's Drug Possession Laws?
Arizona has strict laws regarding drug possession, and being charged with drug possession can have serious consequences. The Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) classify drugs into different schedules based on their potential for abuse and medical value. These schedules range from Schedule I, which includes substances like heroin and LSD, to Schedule V, which contains drugs with a lower potential for abuse, such as cough medicines with codeine.
Under ARS § 13-3401, it is illegal to knowingly possess a controlled substance unless it is obtained through a valid prescription. Possession can be either actual, where the drugs are found on your person, or constructive, where they are found in a location you control.
What are the Penalties for Drug Possession in Arizona?
The penalties for drug possession in Arizona vary depending on factors such as the type and quantity of the drug involved, prior convictions, and whether there was intent to sell or distribute the drugs. Generally, drug possession charges can be classified as either a misdemeanor or a felony.
For marijuana possession, if the quantity is less than two pounds, it is considered a class 6 felony. Possession of dangerous drugs, such as methamphetamine or cocaine, can result in a class 4 felony. The penalties for drug possession can include fines, probation, mandatory drug treatment programs, community service, and even imprisonment.
Defenses Against Drug Possession Charges
At Signature Law Group, PLLC, we understand that every case is unique, and we will thoroughly evaluate the circumstances surrounding your drug possession charge to build a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation. Here are some common defenses we may employ:
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: The Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution protects individuals from unreasonable searches and seizures. If law enforcement conducted an illegal search or seizure without a warrant or probable cause, we can challenge the admissibility of the evidence obtained.
- Lack of Possession: The prosecution must prove that you had actual or constructive possession of the drugs. We may argue that you did not have control over the drugs or that they belonged to someone else.
- Lack of Knowledge: If you were unaware that the substance in your possession was illegal or had no knowledge of the drugs' presence, we could present evidence to establish your lack of knowledge.
- Invalid Prescription: If you possessed a controlled substance with a valid prescription, we can present evidence to prove that you had a lawful reason for possessing the drugs.
- Crime Lab Analysis: We may challenge the accuracy and reliability of the crime lab analysis used to determine the nature and quantity of the drugs.
Our experienced drug possession defense attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, analyze the evidence, and develop a strong defense strategy to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome.
Contact Our Prescott Drug Possession Attorney Today
If you or a loved one faces drug possession charges in Prescott, Arizona, do not hesitate to contact Signature Law Group, PLLC. Our experienced drug possession defense lawyers will guide you through the legal process, fight to protect your rights and work tirelessly to achieve the most favorable outcome for your case.
Contact Signature Law Group, PLLC, today to schedule a consultation with our drug possession lawyer in Prescott!
25+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
We Know How to Build a Successful Case
We've Favorably Helped Thousands of Clients
We Are Advocates for You & Your Family
We Help You Write a Better Future